Communication Protocols & Software
Modern products often require to be internet enabled, or need the ability to communicate to other devices. Alternatively the design may need to communicate with many different peripherals or more complex networks.
Spark Product Innovation can design these interfaces and write the software to interface with your product by numerous data transport systems.
The Spark Product Innovation team have experience with the following communication protocols and software stacks. We can design communication messaging protocols, test harnesses for your systems based on the following protocols:
• Ethernet (wired or wireless) with transport mechanisms such as TCP/IP, UDP/IP, HTTP, Multicast, etc.
• Serial protocols such as RS232/485, CAN, I2C, SPI
• USB or Firewire
• Bluetooth & derivatives such as Zigbee, etc.
• Secure data transport and encryption such as AES128/256 algorithms
• Rapid IO
• GPU Direct (Direct memory transfer)
Our approach to messaging protocols uses a schema based approach to the design. The messaging layer can include data recovery methods as well as CRC or checksum verification of delivered content. We have experience with using FPGA’s for high speed streaming of data across PCIe (Gen 2&3) and SRIO links as well as higher speed ethernet connections like 10 or 40 Gbits/s connections across optical fibre links. Additionally the team have experience of data transfer techniques between GPU’s using GPU Direct DMA from video or high speed acquisition cards.