6 June 2021
We’re hiring, due to the growth of the business, we are now seeking an Embedded Software Engineer to become part of our team based in the Bristol & Bath Science Park. See the link below:
About the job
As a product consultancy, we work in the mechanical, electrical and software domains to develop innovative solutions to meet the clients’ aims. Integration and understanding across these domains have been key to our success.
Our Engineers excel in high-speed digital electronics, analogue design, power electronics, as well as microprocessor software, embedded firmware, digital filtering and FPGA VHDL design.
We work closely with PCB / assembly manufacturers to ensure we develop quality and cost-effective solutions.
Due to the growth of the business, we are now seeking an Embedded Software Engineer to become part of our team based in the Bristol & Bath Science Park.
You will design and develop software to meet the customer requirements. Due to the consultancy nature of our business, we implement solutions on a wide range of hardware, depending on which best meets the client’s needs. This could be a microcontroller or embedded Linux system. Many products are connected to the internet (IoT) therefore understanding network protocols will be an advantage.
The developed software is often running on bespoke products and thus interacts with electronic systems at a low level. Understanding and knowledge of electronics and how to use test/measurement equipment will be an advantage.
We pride ourselves on delivering robust high-quality solutions. Therefore, you will need to carry out developer testing of your code the target hardware throughput the development process as a minimum.
The ideal candidate will be a self-motivated problem solver who has the ability to overcome obstacles and see the project through to completion.
• Design and development of embedded software to meet customer requirements • Integration of software with target hardware
• Rectification of software issues (Bug Fixes)
Required Qualifications, Knowledge & Skills
• Candidates will be degree qualified in a related discipline
• At least 3 years experience in a relevant industry
• Understanding of the engineering lifecycle/software lifecycle
• Demonstratable knowledge of C / C++
• Knowledge of TCP/IP Network Stack
• Experience of working from a Linux terminal
• Understanding of Real-Time Operating System (RTOS) principles
• Experience in deploying and debugging software on a microcontroller target (Bare Metal)
• Understanding of low-level communication protocols (SPI, I2C, UART)
• Knowledge of a version control system such as CVS, SVN, GIT, etc
Desirable Qualifications, Knowledge & Skills
• Understanding of closed-loop control principles (PID Control)
• Able to operate test equipment (Bench power supply, Oscilloscope, multimeter)
• Python experience
• GPU programming (Jetson)
• Experience with wireless protocols (Bluetooth, Lora, Etc)
Salary & Benefits
• Salary: £35,00 – £40,000 (Depending on experience)
• Pension Contribution: Matched pension contribution up to 7% of salary
• Annual Leave: 25 days
• Flexible Hours: 10:00 – 14:00 core hours (40-hour working week)
• Home Working: Partial home working available
• To apply please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We do not accept unsolicited introductions for any of our vacancies. Any CV sent without our express written approval will not form the basis of a contract between us and will not be considered a valid introduction of any candidate.